JOST PDO Barbed is synthetic, monofilament, long-term absorbable sterile surgical suture with unidirectional or bidirectional barbs.
- Material: Polydioxanone
- Color: violet, undyed
- Available in diameters 4/0-1, cut in different lengths
- Sterilized: ethylene oxide
- Depending on the diameter of the suture and surgical branch, sutures are combined with standard or special needles of different types and sizes.
JOST PDO Barbed has high stretch-resistance during the critical wound healing period. Two types with unidirectional or bidirectional barbs.
- Unidirectional barbes are with an attached needle on one side and an loop on the other
- Bidirectional barbes have attached needles on both sides of the thread
- Absorption is complete after ≈180 to 210 days, through hydrolysis of the suture to carbon dioxide and water which are metabolized.