JOST PDO ab is synthetic, monofilament, long-term absorbable sterile surgical suture are especially suitable for pediatric-cardiovascular surgery (where growth of tissue is expected).
• Material: Polydioxanone,
• Color: violet, undyed,
• Available in diameters 5/0-2, cut in different lengths,
• Sterilized: ethylene oxide,
• Depending on the diameter of the suture and surgical branch, sutures are combined with standard or special needles of different types and sizes.
• High quality coating provides easy passage through tissue,
• Antibacterial agent active against wide spectrum of gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria,
Absorption is complete after ≈180 to 210 days, through hydrolysis of the suture to carbon dioxide and water which are metabolized.
JOST PDO ab has high stretch-resistance during the critical wound healing period. Potent againts MRSA and MRSE bacteria.