JOST Polypropilen is synthetic, monofilament, non-absorbable, sterile surgical suture, which is widely applicable in surgery.
- Material: isotactic crystalline stereoisomer of polypropilene
- Color: blue, undyed
- Available in diameters 10/0-8, cut in different lengths
- Sterilized: ethylene oxide
- Depending on the diameter of the suture and surgical branch, sutures are combined with standard or special needles of different types and sizes (more information in the final product catalogue).
JOST Polypropilen surgical sutures have high stretch-resistance during the critical wound healing period. Monofilament structure provides easy and atraumatic passage through tissues.
The smooth surface of monofilament sutures leades to less adherence of bacteria on the surface of the suture.
- It is easy for handling, with a high-security surgical knot, high stretch-resistance
- Because it’s biological inert it is recommended for use in infected wounds
- The suture has a lack of adherence to tissue which makes it suitable as a pull-out suture.