JOST PDO is synthetic, monofilament, long-term absorbable sterile surgical suture are especially suitable for pediatric-cardiovascular surgery (where growth of tissue is expected).
- Material: Polydioxanone
- Color: violet, undyed
- Available in diameters 7/0-3, cut in different lengths
- Sterilized: ethylene oxide
- Depending on the diameter of the suture and surgical branch, sutures are combined with standard or special needles of different types and sizes.
JOST PDO can be used in pediatric cardio-vascular surgery (were growth of tissue us expected) and in ophthalmology.
- Smooth surface provides easy passage through tissues
- Three tensile strength profiles marked as S3, S5 and S7
- Absorption is complete after ≈180 to 210 days, through hydrolysis of the suture to carbon dioxide and water which are metabolized.