JOST PGA is synthetic, multifilament, mid-term absorbable sterile surgical suture, which is widely applicable in surgery.
- Material: Polyglicolic Acid
- Color: violet, undyed
- Available in diameters 8/0-6, cut in different lengths
- Sterilized: ethylene oxide
- Depending on the diameter of the suture and surgical branch, sutures are combined with standard or special needles of different types and sizes.
JOST PGA has high stretch-resistance during the critical wound healing period.
- High quality coating provides easy passage through tissue
- Three tensile strength profiles marked as S3, S5 and S7
- Absorption is complete after ≈60 to 90 days, through hydrolysis of the suture to carbon dioxide and water which are metabolized.